Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an autonomous body set up by the banking industry to cater to its recruitment needs. 19 banks including Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank, Canara Bank and Allahabad Bank recruit probationary clerks, probationary officers and specialist officers based on performance of candidates in competitive examinations conducted by the institute.
However, RBI and SBI conduct separate examinations for recruitment for their banks.
To begin your career in the banking industry, you can take one of the competitive examinations, based on your academic background and aspirations.
Eligibility: The eligibility criterion for probationary clerks and probationary officers is a Bachelor’s degree. The first stage of recruitment process, the online written test, is objective type. The questions are aimed at assessing candidates on areas like reasoning, English, numerical ability, general awareness and computer knowledge.
PO (MT) Pattern & Syllabus: Syllabus revolves around the following five subjects or sections to be precise:
English Language * Quantitative Ability * Logical Reasoning * General Knowledge Computer Knowledge
Reasoning and Quantitative Sections are allotted the maximum marks which is 50 English Language and General Knowledge will for 40 marks each Computer Knowledge section is of only 20 marks. Candidates who clear this test are called for interview.
Specialist Officer (SO) Recruitment:
IBPS conducts the CWE and Online Exam on the behalf of 20 banks of Public Sector. To be eligible to take the specialist officer examination, you should attain a degree in the specific specialist field. For instance, graduates in Agriculture are eligible to apply for Agriculture Field Officer and graduates in Law can apply for Law officer. Qualifying candidates will be recruited in various departments on position of Specialist Officer.
Qualification and eligibility is different for various cadres. Selection of aspirant is subject to common written exam ( IBPS CWE ) and interview performance given by the candidate
Syllabus for Law Officer & Rajbhasha Adhikari:
English Language 50 Questions Quantitative Ability 50 Questions Reasoning 50 Questions General Knowledge 50 Questions * Weightage of GK is 75 marks & English is 25 Marks
Syllabus for other Posts ( I & II)
English Language Quantitative Ability Reasoning Professional Paper * Weightage of Professional Paper is 75 marks & English is 25 marks
Clerks Recruitment: IBPS conducts for clerks exams for 20 banks of Public sector. There are five subjects English, Reasoning, Numerical, General Awareness and computer knowledge. Each subject carrying 40 marks.
RRB (Regional Rural Bank) Recruitment: IBPS conducts for RRB exams with similar exam pattern BELOW IS THE DETAILED SYLLABUS SECTION WISE: 1. ENGLISH LANGUAGE SYLLABUS: This section is conducted to test the candidates knowledge of candidate in this particular subject and following are important topics that the candidates must keep in mind while preparing for IBPS PO 2013 exam.
* Synonyms * Antonyms * Verb * Error Correction * Tenses * Sentence Rearrangement * Fill in the Blanks with Modals, Articles etc * Comprehension * Unseen Passages * Vocabulary etc.
2. QUANTITATIVE ABILITY SYLLABUS : The candidates aptitude regarding maths can be test. Below mentioned is the syllabus or important topics of this section. Number System * HCF, LCM * Ratio and Proportions * Percentage * Time and Distance * Time and Work * Trains * Boats & Streams * Profit and Loss * Average * Simple and Compound Interest * Geometry * Arithmetic * Statistics * Mensuration etc.
3. LOGICAL REASONING SYLLABUS FOR IBPS PO (MT) 2013: This is a unique section where the candidates mental capacity and capability is tested and following is the outlined syllabus of the same.
Number series * letter & symbol series * statement and argument * Alphabets * logical problems * verbal reasoning * blood relations * Directions * Input-Output * coding-decoding * number ranking * Decion making * Non-Verbal etc.
4. GENERAL AWARENESS SYLLABUS : The candidates must focus more on the Banking sector and gain knowledge about what is happening in the banking sector. Current Affairs around the world * Economic News * Budget & Plans * Sports * Books and Authors * Awards and Honors * Science Inventions and Discoveries * Abbreviations * Important Days & Dates * Banking & Financial Terms etc.
5. COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE SYLLABUS: This section is basically to test the candidates computer knowledge and following are the important topics. Basics of Computer * Components of Computer * Binary system in computer * Types of Optical Disk * Importance of documentation Computing Environments * Mainframe Computing * IT Terminalogy used in Banking System etc.
*For Detailed related to IBPS exams .....Click Here
Join Career Desk - Exclusive RBI Batch (40 Days batch) Express
(Regular / Weekend / Online)